Diwali Gifts: A wide range of diwali gifts to choose from
An integral part of the diwali celebration is the custom of offering gifts to near and dear ones. It is a time for exchanging gifts and greetings and wishing each other. Every year, on the eve of diwali, you will find in every office, the boss distributing sweets and gifts to every employees in the office. Businessmen exchange gifts to their associates to have a fruitful business the year ahead. Giving gifts on this festival is an excellent way to strengthen relationships with your friends and relatives. A gift on diwali reflects the warm feelings of the gift-giver and also the spirit of the festival.
|Diwali Gifts: A Wide Options to Choose From|
Exchanging of Diwali gifts: An age old tradition
The popular tradition of exchanging gifts on Diwali is an age-old custom. It is associated with the festival since its origin. In olden days, the simple rural people of India whose occupation was mainly agriculture and cattle-rearing, used to exchange homemade sweets, farm produce or handcrafted decorative products among themselves on Diwali. Such gifts were considered a token of love and good wishes associated with the gifts were of more concern than the gifts themselves. As time passed, the tradition got more and more complex and gift-giving is not so simple as it used to be earlier.
Modern day Diwali gifts: Lots of Unique Diwali Gifts
Diwali gifts are exchanged with much gusto. Today importance is given today to the quality of the gift as well. Of course that warmth and love are still associated with the festival. Gift-giving still stands as a way of conveying love, respect, thankfulness, appreciation and a sense of belonging. Nowadays, people also send gifts online. You just need to place an order at the click of your mouse and the diwali gifts are delivered right at the doors of your dear and near ones. With lot many options available in the market, choosing a gift becomes highly confusing.Some popular gift items that can be presented on a diwali are as follows:
- Diwali card: Send Diwali Cards to your well wishers by post. Or else you can also send e-greetings.
- Puja Thali: A very auspicious gift item is the puja thali. A decorative puja thali with all the puja ingredients is a gift which is loved by all.
- Sweets and Chocolates: A pack of sweets, assorted sweets, chocolates for your relatives and friends is also a good option.
- Dry Fruits: Gift packs containing an assortment of several varieties of dry fruits including nuts, cashews, chestnuts, almonds and many more are available in the market.
- Crackers: Well, to be a part of the diwali celebrations, give your dear ones fire crackers.
- Diwali Diyas and Candles sets: As diwali is a festival of lights, giving decorative diwali diyas, candles, candel sets is a good idea.
- Crystals & Glassware: This becomes a sophisticated gift item in diwali.
- Flowers and Fruits: Many prefer to give fruits and flowers in diwali.
- Ganesha-Laxmi Gifts: Another auspicious gift items. The Ganesha Laxmi idols mad of gold, silver, clay are good gift items , expecially from the elders of the family. Check out at Shower luck and properity with Laxmi and Ganesha.
- Silver and Gold Coins: Buying or getting metal items is a good sign in diwali. So you give your dears ones silver coins, gold coins.
- Diwali Decoratives: yes, to decorate the house in a grand way, you can also give your relatives and friends diwali decoratives.
- Jewellery: Exchanging jewelry made of silver, gold or diamond like as rings, chains, bracelets, pendants, cufflinks, tie-pins etc. as gifts on Diwali is considered auspicious.
- Traditional Clothes: You can consider sending traditional dresses like sarees, salwar kameez, kurta pajamas to your dear and near ones.
- Electronic Gadgets and many more