- A clutter-free environment is essential to regulate and improve the flow positive energy in the area. Laxmiji enters the house which is properly neat & clean.
- Open spaces allow the positive energy to move freely in the household. Any obstruction to this balanced flow of energy should be removed.
- The house should be properly lit and no corner should be left in darkness.
Main door decoration on Diwali
- The main door should be neat & clean and should not make any creaking voice.
- A silver swastika should be placed on the main door as it keeps the ills out of the house.
- The Asthamangala sign, which is the seat of lotus wearing a sacred garland of eight auspicious symbols, can also be placed (Ashtamangala refers to eight (Ashta) auspicious (Mangala) items that are used in this type of divination. These eight items are: ghee lamps (brass lamp with wick in clarified butter), mirror, gold, milk, yogurt, fruits, book and white cloth).
- Goddess Laxmi should be welcome by stamping small footprints from the entrance to the house, they should always show the inward movement.
- Colourful Toran/Bandarwal should be hanged on the main door.
- The ideal Toran is made with the leaves of mango, kaner, peepal, ashok trees. They help in purifying the environment and keep the negative vibes out of the house.
|Swastik, laxmi foot prints, toran, ashthamangal sign|
Inside the house on Diwali
- A tray with water and floating flowers petals looks marvelous and if put in east/north will benefit the owner also.
- Symbols like Swastik, Om, Rangoli decorations should be put on the North/East walls.
- A rangoli with lighting earthen diyas if done in Southeast corner of the house will not only look beautiful but will also enhance the prosperity of the owners.
- One the eve of Diwali
- Put two earthen diyas on both the sides of the main entrance door.
- When placing the diyas outside the house, they should be placed in multiples of four, as each diya represents the reigning deity of Diwali – Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesh, Lord Kuber and Lord Indra.
- Put floating candles with rose petals and pure water in the centre of the house to ensure positivity in the house.